South Henry School Corporation School Closing Information - 3-13-2020
- We will be out the week of 3-16 to 3-20-2020 followed by two weeks of spring break.
- We will reassess over spring break to determine whether or not to be out the week after spring break, 4-6 to 4-10-2020.
- We will go ahead with the already scheduled eLearning days on March 23, 24, 25. We are also scheduling additional eLearning days for the week of 3-16 to 3-20-2020. More information about eLearning is at the bottom of this document.
- The reason we have decided to schedule eLearning now is because we don’t know what the future holds. Even though the governor is allowing a waiver for up to 20 days of school missed, we feel it is in the best interest of our students to offer the instruction to them. Also, depending on what happens, we may need these days later.
- We will reassess eLearning over spring break to determine if we will do eLearning the week of 4-6 to 4-10-2020, if we choose to be out of school.
- School offices will be open to receive calls from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. the week of 3-16 to 3-20-2020. We will close building offices during the normal two week spring break. The corporation office will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as normal next week as well as over spring break.
- Buildings will be closed after Latch Key ends at 6:30 p.m. today, March 13, and will be closed for students and all non-staff members until after spring break is over, or whenever we return to school. The only exception is that the public may attend the special board meeting in the junior senior high school library on Friday, March 20, at 7:00 a.m.
- All student activities are cancelled until after spring break is over, or whenever we return to school.
- We will provide sack lunches to students during the days we have school via eLearning. These will be distributed to families outside while in their vehicles. No one will come into the school to pick up their meal. Cafeteria staff will keep a roster of who takes meals for federal and state reporting. Meals will be distributed from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon outside of Door #2. Cafeteria staff will bring the lunches to you in your car.
- Please feel free to reach out to any administrator with your questions. We may not have the answer and, if we do, the answer may change overnight. We are in uncharted waters right now.
- We will also use SchoolMessenger, the school corporation website, and the school Facebook pages to communicate. We may also email you information via Harmony.
- One last note, as reported by the Henry County Board of Health last night, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in the county though one individual had been tested. The County is well prepared for this and is adhering to the Indiana State Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
eLearning Guidelines for Students and Families in Grades K-12
Office staff will be physically in school working from the hours of 8AM and 3PM, Monday through Friday during the week of March 16-20. However, the school will be closed to any students. Please call the school if there are any questions or concerns about technology or general instructions. Contact teachers via email with specific questions concerning learning activities.
The following days are the days on which eLearning will take place:
- Monday, March 16
- Tuesday, March 17
- Wednesday, March 18
- Thursday, March 19
- Friday, March 20
- Monday, March 23
- Tuesday, March 24
- Wednesday, March 25
- Students are to complete posted learning activities for each class each day. Failure to complete assigned activities will result in an unexcused absence for that period.
- Assignments are due by 9 AM of the following school day.
- Teachers will be available to answer questions between the hours of 9-11:30AM and 1-3PM each day via email or any other form of communication provided by the teacher.
Tri Jr. Sr. High School Mission StatementWe at Tri Junior-Senior High School believe in educational goals that are designed to build a foundation for life-long learning. We expect all students to develop both intellectually and occupationally as they acquire positive moral values, citizenship, and self-esteem. We will provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment which will help our students become productive and self-sufficient members of society.
Students of the Month
Savannah Dock & Garrett Moffett
Vikki Pursley & Andrew Pierce